I believe this book will help those that have an anger problem. One moment of anger can actually destroy your life as well as someone else. I call it a moment of insanity, which is something that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. Only God can erase bad memories.
Un-forgiveness is a stronghold in people lives. We often hear people say, “I can forgive but I won’t forget what you did to me. Why can’t we do both? Jesus did, when He went upon the cross and said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” If He forgave us at the point of death, why can’t we forgive others while we live? Forgiveness and Holiness is the key to living a free and peaceful life, even when sickness or trouble comes your way. Trust me it will come….
God said, “a great storm is coming to this nation, as well as the world and I am preparing my people to be able to withstand the test.” “It is time for my people to repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, saith the Lord.”
This book is 2 ½ to 3 hours long if you are reading it straight through. It is written for an age level of 9 to 99 with parents reading it first to see if it is suitable enough for your children to read….It is a counseling tool for homes and different facilities. These are true stories. Some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
1. Chapter one talks about “Hidden Roots” - It deals with overcoming abuse, molestation and sickness, which cause bitterness.
2. Chapter two deals with “A Touch of Humility” - It talks about how unforgiving spirits will not get us to heaven. Harboring un-forgiveness will only lead to bitterness and bitterness causes diseases…Once we let these things go and humble ourselves healing and deliverance began to take place in our lives.
3. Chapter three & four is dealing with a Message called The Sycamine Tree - These chapters takes you back to your childhood days of experiencing some hurtful incidents that you maybe carrying in your heart even today and you refuse to let them go…
4. Chapter five deals with Beautiful Painted Pictures - It talks about when you have surrendered your life to the Lord and you are doing all the right things, thinking on pure and holy thoughts. Yet, Satan knows that you are still vulnerable and he set a trap to pull you back in through your unsaved friends.
5. Chapter six & seven deals with “From a Cocoon to A Butterfly” - These chapter tells us how a great transformation can takes place in our lives after we remove, jealousy, envy and pride out.
6. Chapter eight talks about “Secrets Exposed” meaning (Evaluate your Secrets before exposing them) - This chapter gives you many secrets that has been exposed and one of them is mines.
7. Chapter nine tells us, “There is a Consequence for our Action” – (That’s not nice!): It talks about how the impact of our sins has affected our children lives and there is a consequence that we must pay as parents. It concludes with asking our children to forgive us as parents and it has a prayer to our children.
8. Chapter ten deals with “How to Overcome Hurts” – I am sure every one of us can attest to this chapter, even a child. (This chapter is a must read).
9. Chapter eleven & twelve concludes with a Message based on how “Your Faith is a terrible thing to Waste” – The conclusion of this chapter has a story about Faith and Hope meeting at a crossroad. Faith tells Hope to join him on the other side of the Jordan River because there are some people that he needs to talk with on the Riverbed and those folk are: Misery, Depression, Suicide and a Grieving Mother that lost her little girl to Molestation….
JoAnne Smith Hooks